12/31/20152015 Year In Review
The ten most popular stories on TheNewspaper.com for the year 2015.
The following were the ten most viewed stories on TheNewspaper.com during 2015.
- California Assembly Passes Bill Limiting Automobile Use
Lawmakers in California adopt bill mandating that gasoline use be cut in half within fifteen years.
- Pennsylvania Limits Secondary Questioning During Traffic Stop
If a motorist is told he is free to go, Pennsylvania appellate court says police questioning must end.
- New Mexico: Joyriding Traffic Cop Held Liable For Fatality
Federal appeals court says a joyriding police officer can be held liable for his red light running crash.
- Tennessee Motorist Fights $18,480 Traffic Stop Seizure
Federal lawsuit seeks the return of $18,480 taken from motorist not charged with any crime by police during a traffic stop.
- Indiana: Traffic Cops May Not Open Pill Bottles
Indiana Court of Appeals rules that traffic cops may not look through the pill bottles of motorists without legitimate suspicion.
- Red Light Camera Corruption Probe Brings Guilty Plea In Ohio
As part of an ongoing federal investigation, the former of US operations for Redflex Traffic Systems admits conspiracy to bribe officials in Cincinnati and Columbus, Ohio.
- UK Analysis Identifies Speed Camera Danger
Telematics firm reports that panic braking increases up to eleven-fold within 50 yards of a speed camera in the UK.
- Louisiana Appeals Court Busts Speed Trap Town
Louisiana Court of Appeals orders compensation for woman arrested for driving while black in Woodworth.
- Arlington, Texas Voters Dump Cameras And Pro-Camera Mayor
Voter referendum bans red light cameras and ousts pro-camera mayor in Arlington, Texas.
- California Cities Continue To Dump Red Light Cameras
Davis and Stockton add themselves to the growing list of California communities that have dumped red light cameras.